Monday, May 1, 2023

Review: ‘Redfall’ serves up some of the bloodiest, most satisfying vampire hunting in years

When it comes to video games, there are few genres I enjoy as much as first-person shooters, especially when it involves no small amount of strategic thinking. I’ll shoot anything once, and if I like it, I’ll shoot it for years. So, when I read about Redfall a few years back, I was immediately excited. Arkane’s various studios have consistently been creative with their approach to making video games, and Redfall is no exception. It’s everything you want it to be, and then some.

It’s downright gorgeous, the enemies are dangerous and varied, and the combat allows you to approach each scenario in multiple ways — just in case you keep getting wrecked by vampires. Redfall has taken lessons from Arkane Lyon’s Deathloop, tightening up the gunplay to make for relatively smooth handling of even low-tier weapons. It wouldn’t be enough to just have some easy-to-use basic weapons, so Redfall ups the ante by adding in scores of interesting guns to UV freeze, stake, and blast every enemy you meet.



from All the latest Gaming News, Reviews, Trailers and Gameplay Previews! PC and Console! https://ift.tt/gxkRe9I
Previous Post
Next Post

0 comments: