Thursday, May 18, 2023

As much as I still love ’90s kids’ movies, some of them were unforgivably traumatizing

Remember when kids’ movies were scary – the kind of scary that kept you up at night? As a child of the ’90s, I sure do. These were movies that gave sinister meaning to the phrase “fun for the whole family,” and as countless companies convinced my parents that their films were completely harmless — I knew I’d still be having Watership Down nightmares well into my 20s.

Before we continue, if uninitiated, bite the bullet and watch Watership Down. It’s a simple tale of talking rabbits. What could go wrong? Well, a lot actually because it’s also one of the scariest animated movies of all time. I didn’t sleep without blankets over my toes as a kid because I thought that rabbits would slink into my room and nibble them off under the cover of darkness. If that’s not childhood trauma, I don’t know what is.



from Movie News | Movie Reviews | Movie Trailers https://ift.tt/sz4edy6
Previous Post
Next Post

0 comments: