Thursday, November 17, 2022

Review: ‘Bayonetta 3’ made me lose interest in one of my favorite series

How does a game simultaneously feature some of the most outrageous, spectacular set-pieces while also feeling completely boring and lifeless? Bayonetta 3 somehow manages to do just that. You can fly around town slinging webs as a giant spider demon and control a huge kaiju surfing on cruise ships in the middle of the ocean, but it also feels like a total snooze-fest half the time.

There are some absolutely insane sequences, but the storytelling and worldbuilding put me to sleep. Half the game feels like a cutscene or cinematic where we watch Bayonetta do something cool. And that’s awesome. I love when Bayonetta does cool stuff. I love it even more when I get to do said cool stuff. The cutscenes typically don’t further along the story or provide character development, they’re really just cool scenes where Bayonetta does… well, cool stuff.



from All the latest Gaming News, Reviews, Trailers and Gameplay Previews! PC and Console! https://ift.tt/kzjARe8
Previous Post
Next Post

0 comments: