Thursday, June 23, 2022

Scott Derrickson reveals what led him to answer ‘The Black Phone’

Director Scott Derrickson’s The Black Phone is coming out tomorrow, has received some critical praise, and, ahead of the scary story’s reveal to the public Derrickson is saying he was drawn to it partly because of his own childhood trauma.

“When I left Doctor Strange 2, I had been in therapy, really dealing with trauma from my own childhood, and violence from my own childhood, for about three years. [I] was kind of on the tail end of doing that, and was thinking about trying to write a story that’s kind of like an American 400 Blows, like the François Truffaut film, which was autobiographical. I didn’t think I had a story as interesting as his, and then I thought: What if I combined my childhood memories with that story that Joe wrote, The Black Phone? And that’s really what the movie is. It’s characters and memories and feelings and tone drawn from my childhood growing up in North Denver in the late ’70s, and Joe’s story. That’s what the movie is.”



from Movie News | Movie Reviews | Movie Trailers https://ift.tt/3Pie6Xb
Previous Post
Next Post

0 comments: