Thursday, March 10, 2022

Nicolas Cage did not want to play ‘Nicky’ Cage in ‘The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent’

Nicolas Cage has graced cinema screens for decades, has become a legend unto himself with his style of acting, and just admitted he initially did not want to play himself in The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent, a film about his myth.

“I turned it down three or four times. I wanted no part of it. But when I got [director Tom Gormican’s] letter, then I thought, ‘Ok, he’s not just trying to mock so-called Nick Cage; there is a real interest in some of the earlier work.’ His tone was more of a celebration of moments – like being at the bottom of the pool in Leaving Las Vegas or the gold guns in Face/Off. I think the movie is good. I don’t think I want to watch it again. It is a trip man, to watch two versions of yourself acting off of each other.”



from Movie News | Movie Reviews | Movie Trailers https://ift.tt/s1RaArN
Previous Post
Next Post

0 comments: